Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Takin my baby in for a check up!

Well, earlier in the summer I was running over to neighbors to get a few bales of straw for the Beef Buyers Party and on the way back the tractor started losing power.  Well I talked to dealer and they had me change all the fuel filters thinking it might be some bad fuel.  Well, $45 later the tractor still wouldn't run right and I burnt up about 4 hours of my time messing with it.  After some more consultation with the mechanic he told me to check line coming from tank....bingo, tissue paper in the line.  Well, got it through the summer with only two more problems but now I have a break in the action so I am dropping it off at the dealer for them to remove fuel tank and flush it and the fuel line.  Hopefully I can pick it up on the way home tomorrow and be back at it tomorrow night.  Cows are eating hay way too fast.
Pigs are starting to really enjoy the ground alfalfa!  Even the little ones. 

Herd check schedule for Christmas break.  A herd check is when I have the vet in and we check each animals health, treat them for worms, and vaccinate for any known diseases.  Lastly, any of the bred females will be checked for pregnancy and anyone who is still open will be available for meat or auction.  Lets hope they are all carrying little ones!!

Kenny

No comments: