Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Picked up tractor today.... Survey says!! Candy Wrapper!?

That is right, it took a $.01 lollipop wrapper to shut down a $53000 tractor.  Good thing is there is no permanent damage and it was all under warranty.  Someone's kid probably dropped it in the tank when their parents were looking at something in the lot.  Anyway, it is fixed and running great!!

My daughter and I unloaded tractor when I got home and took it for a test drive then put loader back on to hay the cows.  When we got down to shed to hay them we noticed that due to the rain the cows had made a horrible mess from being in the shed for two days strait.  So, we decided to clean the shed before we hayed them so we could bed the area down with fresh bedding for them to lay on till the snow passes. 

Couple of pics from the test drive.

 It is so nice to be able to drive around a tractor in the winter when you have a cab!!!  SOOOO WARM!!
 This is a pic of the creek when it is a little high.  In august I was able to walk through this area and it was 5' across and about 3" deep.  Today the same spot is 20' across and 2.5'deep!!
Today the water is half way up the front wheels.  In the spring I drove through this same spot and the water came up to the pad on the floor of the cab. 

The area I am driving through is the driveway to the other half of my fields.  It was put in for an oil well over there and the neighbor and I use it for the farms now...at least when we can!

Stopped in to check on piggies and shut off barn lights before coming in house after taking care of the cows.  I saw pig pig but none of the babies.  I decided before going outside to look for them to check the nest in the corner of the pen to see if they might have crawled under some hay.  They did.  I found all four buried eight inches deep in the hay.  Once I found the first one I stopped checking and walked back out of pen.  However since I woke one up and it grunted the rest one by one started popping their heads up out of the hay pile!  It was quite humorous.  Anyway, everyone is doing great and they are all comfy for the night!

Maybe if snow keeps up and I get done salting early tomorrow I can take my daughter sled riding.  We have an awesome hill for it!  I will post pics if we go!

Kenny

No comments: