Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Pics, wood fired dinner, and all around nice day!

Had dinner cooked on the outdoor fire pit tonight and last night.  I recently had some hickory boards sawed up when I had the cherry slabs cut.  During this process a bunch of hickory slab wood was created which I brought home to use.  I made some shaving for my wife to use in her wok to smoke with and I put some on the coals to cook burgers last night and sirloin and flat iron steak tonight.  I started the fire with cherry wood to get a nice hot coal base and put the hickory on right before cooking to create the smoke to flavor the meat.  Oh my goodness it is sooooo good!!!  Will be doing this a lot more as I have a lot of hickory slab wood.  If we can afford to get a gas grill I may even try smoking a couple of roasts to see how they turn out!  Should be awesome!  This is a pic of the flat iron steak, a little rare for me but still very good.  I like mine pink in the middle but not red.


Checked piggies tonight before coming in.  They are growing so fast! They are right around 5-7 pounds and are doing great!
 This is a pic of Lisa Left Ear.  She is the one that got her ear stepped on as a baby.  Vet had to amputate to get it to heal and not get infected.  She is doing really well and is almost completely healed up!
This is another pic of the bench for the project I'm working on.  It turned out so nice.  Can't wait to make some more.  If you are interested in one let me know.

Kenny

No comments: