Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

We got our first snow of the season last night

I know, it wasn't much but that means there is more on its way!  I don't really like this time of year much, it depresses me.  I plow snow during the winter and this just reminded me of all those sleepless nights and really long weeks.

On a lighter note, you can see the door I am building in the background.  Got it hung and trimmed in today.  Looks awesome.  Gabe, a friend of mine from work, helped get it finished up and on.  He does really great work.  Gonna start the other one tomorrow.  Will take some pics after I get it all cleaned up.  Looks like a bomb went off down there right now. 

As for baby piggies, everyone is doing good.  The little one who is missing an ear is starting to heal and is doing very well.  I moved the heat lamps into their little piglet area today and cleaned the pen out.  It took them all evening but they are finally getting comfy under the lights and Pig Pig (momma) is calming down and spending a little time out in the pasture getting some exercise.  Pig, our other sow, hasn't come back into the barn yet as Pig Pig doesn't seem to want her in there right now.  So, for the time being she is camping in the shed where the cows come to eat.  Not too long after cleaning and moving everyone around, momma went out to get some sun and three of four babies followed her outside.  They quickly decided it was too cold out there and made a dash for the barn!!  I think after tomorrow they will all settle in and be fine.  They are growing quite quickly also.  They were maybe a pound and a half when they were born.  They are now a solid two to three pounds so they must be eating really well. 

As for the cows, we currently have a guest.  After two full round of Artificial Insemination (A.I.) I still have a few females that aren't bred.  So I brought my dad's bull Jo Jo over to take care of things.  He didn't waste much time finding one in heat.  He is a shorthorn bull and should give me some nice calves. 

Kenny

No comments: