Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ok, so I may be going a little over board but hey, it could be worse!!

My quick hitch arm ends finally arrived for the 706.  I haven't installed them yet but I will most likely do so soon so I can put the blade on the tractor to regrade the driveway.....or just to play with it for fun!

Quick hitch ball ends for Farmall 706
So, I wasn't happy with the single light in the grill of the 706, so I ordered two more.  I love it.  Only thing I could have done different was move them down a little bit but then you would see the light itself and that wouldn't look as good.

Red LED lights on Farmall 706
I got the orange LED's installed on the Kubota and they look pretty sweet as well.  The one in the cab is just bright enough to light the floor but not so much that it is annoying.

Kubota M9540 with LED lights in the cab
I put one in the grill and it is perfect.  I don't think I need any more.  I know it doesn't look that good in the picture but it is hard to take a good night time picture with a phone!  I am probably going to add one or two more lights to the underside of the tractor just for looks.  I think it will look pretty awesome with an nice orange glow under the tractor when I am mowing or driving down the road!

Kubota M9540 with Orange LED in grill
SO, I didn't tell my wife about this one till I was done installing.  I ordered four blue lights for the truck as well.  I wasn't sure what it would look like so I put the two lights in behind the grill first and waited till dark to see what they look like.
2005 F350 with Blue LED lights in the grill
They look awesome.  It is so much better in person than it is in the picture.  I spliced into the light wire for the drivers side marker light.  So any time the marker lights are on the LED's are on.
2005 F350 with blue LED's in grill
I was pumped to see that you can see them even with the headlights on.  I have two more that I am going to put under the cab of the truck almost directly under the front seats.  They give an perfect blue glow under the truck.
2005 F350 with Blue LED's in the grill
I know it seems like I am going a little overboard but this kind of thing was just a dream to me as a kid.  They are pretty inexpensive and easy to install and use so very little energy that it is not a big deal to put them on.  I also looks really sweet and is fun.  I love when my stuff looks nice and runs like it should.  It also makes me feel good when people enjoy what I have created or done.

I am so excited and anxious for hay season to start it is driving me nuts.  I am longing for warm nights and T-shirts, and raking and baling, and fires, and all the fun stuff that happens when it is warm out.  I can't wait to see both tractors running at the same time and see how it affects the efficiency of getting the hay made this year.  I am also excited to see the many calves I have yet to be born and what those opportunities bring to us here on the farm.

It just needs to get warm and stay warm so I can fall asleep to the sound of nature with my window open at night!

Kenny


No comments: