Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Calf #3 of 2014 arrived today!!!

So, I came home from work today just in time to get my daughter off the bus.  She headed out to help with the chores tonight.  As soon as I got to where I could see the pasture I noticed something was different.  I did a quick scan of the pasture and noticed there was an extra black spot.  My daughter and I quickly headed down to investigate.  We found Koyuki with a new little calf who was maybe an hour or so old.  Ir is a little heifer!  She was all clean and dry but not up and running yet. 

Angus Dam, Summitcrest Sire, 

 I got her tagged and then proceeded to make sure she was able to get up and move good and then left them alone so the new baby could eat. 


Now, the exciting part is that Ever since we have had thunder Koyuki has had white calves.  This calf is black and doesn't look like Thunders other offspring.  I am pretty confident in saying this is calf number two in the Legacy line of calves.  The best part is that it is another heifer!!!!!

I am expecting to see two more calves very soon as two more are looking like they are very close to calving.  I am very excited to see what the rest of the year will bring us!

Kenny

No comments: