Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Legacy has another baby girl and LED lights for the new tractor!


I am very very happy to announce that Legacy's second calf is also a Heifer!!!  That is two in a row.  Even though Legacy and Thunder both had a shot at being the daddy I am certain that this one is Legacy's.  Koyuki has had a white calf to thunder every time and Thunder has only thrown three non white calves since we got him so I am sure this is Legacy's baby.

Koyuki with her Summitcrest Erica bloodline heifer out of Legacy
 I got online earlier in the week looking for an LED replacement lights for the Farmall 706.  The original ones are dull and the beam patterns don't match so I was gonna switch them over.  My wife didn't like the idea because she likes the original lights.  So I instead searched for a small add on light that I could attach with a magnet to the front weight to give me some more light for raking at night.

Well, while chatting with my buddy Steven the topic of colored LED's came up so I checked for them at the same time.  Turns out not only do they make such a thing now but they are very inexpensive and easy to install and use hardly any power to operate.  So I ordered a package of 4 long strips and two short strips.

LED light strips mounted on side panels of Farmall 706
I finally had time today to install and wire them all up.  Due to the very low energy requirements I simply ran some new wires and tied into the existing light power supply so they are all on the same switch. I still need to add a couple to the front grill as it is not nearly bright enough but everything else turned out exactly how I pictured it!

LED light under dash to light the deck on the Farmall 706 
 I put one of the short strips under the Glow Plug button housing to light up the deck.

Rear view of red LED's on Farmall 706
I put one long strip on each side on the bottom of the deck to light up the brake housings and the step to get on and off the tractor.

Red LED light strip under Farmall 706 Deck
Here is a view from normal viewing height.

Red LED light strip under Farmall 706 Deck
I also have one long strip on inside of side hood panels along the top of the engine.  It really gives the engine  a pretty sweet glow.

LED light strip under hood
Now, the main reason for all of this in the first place was an extra headlight right?  Well I got one of those as well.  Now, for $20 I wasn't expecting a lot.  Boy was I surprised.  If you look at the picture below you can see two different lights shining on the ground.  The white is the new 18 watt LED.  It is brighter than the 75 watt Halogen lights on the Kubota.  The yellow to the right side of the photo is the old PAR 36 light.  I am going to try a new bulb and see if that makes a difference, if not, I will be upgrading them to LED's as well.

18 watt LED center, PAR 36 right
 My last pic is from the side.  If you look closely you will notice that the under deck lights also shine through the holes in the back wheels and glow on the ground as well.  It looks awesome.  I cannot wait to do the same thing to the Kubota!



I already have the Orange LED's that I will be putting under the dash and under the hood of the Kubota.  I may order a couple more if I don't get the look I want.  When I ordered the front headlight for the Farmall I ordered 4.  I installed two of them in place of the two left hand original Halogens on the back of the Kubota tonight to be able to compare them.  WOW, hands down the LED's win.  The light is brighter, more even, and uses way less power.  I can run four of these new LED's with less power than one of the Halogens use.

I will post pics when I get the Kubota all lit up!

Kenny

No comments: