Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Legacy is on a Roll!

Came home at lunch to eat and noticed something going on in the pasture.  Ran out to find another baby calf.  That makes four so far this year.  Two heifers and Two bulls.  The mother is Candy Apple.  She has always had a red calf, never white or black, when bred to Thunder.  This calf is black as night from head to tail.  Apparently Legacy was on a roll and beat Thunder to the ladies a lot last year!


Withing a minute of me getting there to check the calf the HERD showed up to let me know I was not needed here.  Several of the mothers helped clean the calf up and everyone else stood guard to make sure no one got too close!


After I got home from work tonight I went back out and checked on him.  He was all cleaned up and ready to run!  I got him before he could get anywhere and tagged him so I don't have to chase him down later.  Plus, with everyone looking the same it will be hard to figure out who is who later if I don't tag them quickly!



Goodnight everyone.

Kenny




No comments: