Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quick update of progress

Just wanted to do a quick update post to show you progress on the shed. 

Got all the post holes laid out and drilled.  They were a little off so they needed a little adjusting but not too bad.  As you saw in the last post I had them all in the holes but not set.  My wife was able to help set three of the corner posts and the rest I did myself which, if you have ever set a post before you would know, is not easy when the posts are 14 and 16 foot tall with a moderate wind blowing across them.  I got them all set but the three in the middle.

Widening the hole a little bit.
 Checking the depth.  I marked 32" and 36" on the handle so I wouldn't have to get out the tape all the time.
 Setting the post back in the hole.  I actually almost had it go over on me when she snapped the picture.  A gust of wind hit it just as I picked it up and I just barely kept it from going over!
 The pigs decided to spend the time a little more lazily by sunning themselves just out of the wind!
 A pic of the posts all set except for the three center ones. 
 This is Alex.  He was out helping for a while and came in and had a snack and passed out on the couch.  Guess I should have taken a hint from the kids and the pigs and taken a nap myself! 

To wrap up I wanted to post a pic of the pond I was working on in the fall.  I was told by the contractor doing the digging as well as my boss that there was no way the pond would ever fill up over winter.  I said repeatedly that I thought it would and that we should get the over flow in and be ready so we wouldn't have to do it after it got full.  Everyone told me no and that I was crazy for thinking it would be full.

My boss got a call at the end of February that the pond was full and was about to start flooding the area.  I was dealing with snow and ice control so he had to meet the contractor in a severe ice storm and install an emergency overflow to keep it from flooding everyone out. 


After seeing it full the client would like us to enlarge the end closest to me in the photo.  I also have about 350 tons of toprock to install in various places.  I will post some pics if I can.  Pretty awesome project!

Hope all is well for everyone!  TTYS

Kenny

No comments: