Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ground piggie feed again today.

Well as I stated in my earlier post we got a lot of rain again. 

 The snow was just adding insult to injury!
 The cow were just wondering around checking out the flood.  Probably, just like me, wondering when this is gonna end and we get some nice weather.
 I snapped a quick pic of the new barn doors open after got done unloading the feed.  I realized today I didn't have one yet and wanted to put one up.  I love them.  Wish I had done that the year we moved in as the old ones were a pain in the butt!!
 Steven is headed out of town for a week to clip and wash cattle to get them ready for a large sale.  So before he left I ran over to their farm to get the waste milk to bring over to the pigs.  It is left over from feeding the calves and what is left in the line when done milking before they wash up.  The pigs love it!  We mix it with some warm water and it gets them out of having to walk to the creek when it is cold and muddy out!  I had just given them some before I headed out to get a closer look at the flood.
 I knew that since we had been working on the barn the cows would all be up to see what was going on so I took a small bucket of the ground feed for the pigs and gave it to the cows as a treat. 
 These are some close ups of the flood.  Again, not as bad as last week but still enough to mess up the fence a little bit and make everything a muddy disaster.

 In the flood last week, these post were completely submerged in water.

 In august of 2004, the night/morning of our wedding, we got almost twelve inches of rain in a span of about 7 hours.  I would have had water up to the height of the camera that day.  From the left in the picture above to the right in the picture below was all under water that day.
I took some more pictures of the cows when they came down to see me but I am going to do in a separate post so this one doesn't get to huge!

No comments: