Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The continuation!

After I got done looking at the flood waters I notice the cows were looking for me so I hollered at them and they came a running!  I will see if the wife can put the video up on youtube tomorrow while I am at work.

That is Thunder, our new charolais x angus bull, on the left.  The next one going right is Stormy.  We were gonna use Stormy for a bull this year till I found Thunder.  Once I saw him I new I wanted him.  Good looking bull and I don't like solid black cattle.  I should get some really cool color patterns from this cross!!  
 That is Crazy to the left looking at us.  This is the closest I have ever gotten to her since I bought her last winter.  The one in the center is Stormy, Frosty is just to his back left, and the new black angus steer is to his immediate right.  The red butt to the right is Candy apple!
 Jane is the Hereford with the white face to the right of the pic with her son Stormy in front.  The one in the center is Suzie.  We have not been able to get her bred so she most likely will be be headed to the butcher with the steers this June.  The same goes for the crazy bald one in the previous pic!

 This was a good side pic of Candy Apple.  She is currently bred and will be having her calf in August!  I can't wait!
 The usual suspects with Sallie clear in the back and Pistol to the right.  He is headed to the butcher in June!!  He and his buddy Firecracker may not be very tall but they are wide!
 This is how I know Suzie is still not bred.  As a cow is coming into heat they will fight and but heads with the other cattle.  I will most likely see her being ridden tomorrow and possible bred by the bull if he is big enough to mount her.  This would make the 5th or 6th time she would be bred and she hasn't taken yet so I have pretty much given up hope.
 This is Thunder checking to see if she is in heat yet or not.  They will sniff the females hind end and then curl their nose up and exhale through their nose.  This allows the sensory glands in their nasal passages to pick up the different hormones she is giving off.  Once they smell the right hormone it is game time!
 Apparently it wasn't game time just yet!


Anyway, they are calling for some dang nice weather toward the end of next week......lets hope it doesn't wait that long to get here!

Kenny

No comments: