Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Monday, June 20, 2011

First baby calf of 2011!!!!






Koyuki had her very first calf today!!! No problems, a week early, but otherwise very healthy! Mommy is very protective and only let me get close once. Unfortunately I didn't have my phone to take a pic at the time so you will have to settle for the longer shots. The calf is a little girl!! She is an Angus x Shorthorn and is mostly black with a brown tinge to her hair. Will know better after a few days what her true color will be.


Next up is Sally! Can't wait, she is ready to pop any day now.

I also picked up a very large hay field quite close to here! Approx. twenty acres of grass mix hay. I will be doing on shares which makes it very easy. If everything works out and I can count on it every year I will be able to turn the two fields across the creek into rotation grazing. The current pasture is not nearly large enough at 5 acres to handle 20+ head of cattle and 15-20 pigs. That way I can let the cows and pigs harvest the first crop and fertilize the second for me!!

Wish me luck with the weather!! I still have a list a mile long of stuff that needs done before second cutting hits!

Kenny!

No comments: