Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Timber sawing and other things

Well, it is Father's day so I am finally getting a break....well sort of! Basically, I got to sleep in an extra hour...then everyone started fighting! That is life on the farm with young kids. Some day they will be gone and I will miss the days like this.

But I digress!

This week was a productive one. I finally got John out with his sawmill to finish cutting the wood that I cut down back in the winter. He brought the mill out on Thursday but we got rained out so he brought it back out yesterday. His schedule is pretty booked so I we had to get it done so he could move on to the next job.

I also had a chance to go out on Friday night when I got home from work and sit down in the pasture with the cows for a few minutes. I haven't had time to do this in a while and it is like my relaxation time. It also keeps the cows used to my presence so they allow me to check them without them running off.

I was kneeling down and letting them come to me when I took the pic. We will start having calves starting in 8 days. They will be spread out over a couple of months and I can't wait!!.


At work my construction guy finished up the benches for the homeowner. For anyone who may not know all the lumber and slabs for these benches came from a large cherry tree we took out of the lawn last year. I have several more slabs left that we will make into tables and such. I also had some new ones cut out of some elm yesterday that are phenominal!!







I am also going to throw in a few pics from the lumber milling. I was able to sell some awesome cherry boards to help pay for some of the sawing. I also now have all the lumber I need, short of some posts. To build the new cow shed. Not sure yet when I am going to take that on but it would be nice to have it done before winter. I need to get a lot of other things done first though. I also need to draw up the plans to be absolutely sure how we need to build it to do what I need it to do.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!!

Kenny

No comments: