Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New round baler and MOREL'S!!!!

Ok, my dream finally came true this week as I got to bring home my first round baler for the farm. I have had to have my cousin bale my hay up for me every year because I didn't have a baler of my own. I finally found an almost new machine in unbelievably great condition for a very low price. Whoever owned this baler before took amazing care of it.

It is a 654 new holland and makes a four foot wide by up to six foot in diameter round bale. It can go as small as a four by four round bale as well. Twine tie. I thought I needed netwrap but we wrap all the hay in plastic wrap to store and the netwrap is designed to help the bale shed water better when stored outside.


The only thing that gets me through the rainy muddy part of spring without going crazy is morel mushroom season. I finally found my first ones yesterday and found a few more today. My daughter and I are heading to southern ohio to visit a fellow shroomer and spend a day in the woods picking morels!! Can't wait! We like the big ones pan fried in some olive oil and then add a little salted butter just before done. My wife also makes some unbelievably awesome dishes with them as well.

I have found a total of 84 so far in two days. They are mostly small black ones but I will take anything I can get as they are all delicious! They are quite hard to find and highly addictive. I wish they would find a way to cultivate them so they could be enjoyed year round but that would take away the exclusivity of them!

This weekend's project is completion of the barn roof and a shrooming trip to Guernsey county!!

Happy hunting all!!

No comments: