Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Got the roof on!!

Well, I managed to put my fear of heights aside and Gabe and I got the roof on the pig shed today!  I don't think I got these posted so I will start with the posts before we put the headers on.

 Headers on!
 Had to take a section of post out and replace it.  The bottom was completely rotted off.
Steven and I then put the elevated floor on so I could get up to the slate with the step ladder.  I removed the slate and got ready for rafters.
 Picture of the area with the slate removed. 
 Gabe laying out the rafters.  We had already secured the ones attached to the barn. 
 The first part of the roof on. 
I didn't get a pic of the rest before it got dark.  I will take some more pics tomorrow.  It looks so different.  If you go back in the blog a little way you will see a pic from the same place this last pic is taken from the day I started to tear down the old shed.

I will try to find tomorrow and repost.

Talk to you all tomorrow, it is supposed to be a beautiful day!!!!

Kenny

No comments: