Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Morel mushrooms and another baby calf.

We delivered meat over the weekend and our journey to do so took us to Pataskala Ohio.  On our way back from one of my great friends and loyal customers we stopped by the house of another dear friend of mine.  Every year I make the journey down to Guernsey county to see him and we spend a day mushroom hunting.  Due to everything going on this year I decided I would stop even if only for a couple of hours because I wasn't sure if I would get to go back down again.  

We spent about two hours checking one of our favorite spots.  It is a perennial spot for him and short of one time in 20 years usually doesn't disappoint. 

My buddy Richard showed us a new (not one we usually look for) mushroom.  It is Dryad's Saddle and smells like cucumber when you cut it.   We are going to try it later this week.  Now that I know what it is I am excited because we have a lot of these around here every year. 

Dryad's Saddle mushroom

We were happy to find a small cash of mushrooms.  Not bad for picking for just two hours.  About 67 this time around, not the 500 we had last year but even one is better than none!!

Morel Mushrooms.  Guernsey county 2015.
I was super happy to find another new calf on Saturday evening.  This is Precious, 50's first daughter.  She had a great looking bull this year.  Very nice.  Her first calf was Pearl, her other three have all been bulls.  


I was also happy to get a Picture of Pearl today....with her new baby calf.  It is a big bull this year!  I currently have five more left to calve.  Alex's heifer is due any day now, two in July, one in August, and one in September.  I am excited to see what they turn out to be.

Hay season starts in two weeks!!!   Can't wait to make some hay.  Going to be a fun, and very busy year!


Lastly, for anyone who is coming, our customer party is coming up on the 24th.  We are roasting another whole hog again this year and my wife is fixing up some other sides and some beef as well!  Can't wait to see everyone.  

Kenny


No comments: