Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Another calf has joined the herd and a little straw hauling!

One of my Maine Anjou's had her calf over the weekend.  It is another little girl.  That makes seven surviving females and two surviving males this year so far.  Actual count including the three we lost and the one in Montanan that I bred here would be eight females and five males.  I am still believing that maybe I should be in the heifer business instead of the beef business!!  

This little girl is a beautiful calf as well.  Very wide frame and strong as can be.  I have always been excited about thunders calves but I have had a lot more legacy calves this year and he is taking it to another level.  I can't wait to see what the calve look like that come from Legacy crossed with Thunders progeny!  


The neighbor and I took a trip to western Ohio yesterday to pick up some straw for a new customer of mine.  Made for an enjoyable day that was filled with good sites, good company, a trip to Rural King Ohio, and lots of beautiful warm sunshine!

I was hoping to get 300 bales on the trailer.  However, these were longer bales than what I am used to hauling so we topped out at 8 layers high and 262 bales.   It took every strap I had to tie it all down.  Next time I will get my 300 on there, just need to be a little more creative!


Lastly, I am trying out some new software for the farm.  It is called CATTLEMAX and is an online service for tracking cattle information.  Looking forward to making all my cattle records 'mobile' so I can access and update on the go where ever I am!  I will try to remember to post some info on it as I get into the program.  I just started yesterday so I have some inputting to do before I can really test it out.

 Still six more calves due here and one more in Montana.  I need a few more bulls to round out the year for the freezer beef sales!!   Hoping Precious will have hers tomorrow, she is looking pretty close today.  The rest will be spread out over the summer and finish in the fall.  

Have a great night everyone! 

Kenny






No comments: