Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Customer Party 2015

The forecast right up to the morning of the party called for thunderstorms and lots of wind.  However, I checked the forecast shortly after putting the hog in the roaster and found the forecast to be 100% sunshine and  light breezes!

I was so busy meeting new people and showing the farm that I only took one picture myself and it was the first one here.  All the rest have come from guests to the party.  I want to say thank you to everyone who came and everyone who helped prepare and setup for the party.  I could never get it all done myself and I greatly appreciate all that was done to help.

The Hog Roaster!
The hog was a pretty good sized one this year.  Plenty of food for everyone.  As usual Anthony did a spectacular job of roasting the hog again this year and this one was perfect!  We still have about 20 lbs. of pork in the freezer for later and everyone who came to the party got a "to go" package to take some home with them for later.

Scott and Anthony pulling the pork meat to eat!
I was also very excited to have a new item for everyone to try this year.  A friend of mine that I went to high school with makes soap from scratch by hand using rendered pork and beef fat.  We started supplying her with fat from our animals and she made us a bunch of samples for the party for everyone to have.  We have started using this at home and it is so much better than what you get at the store.  We started using in the winter and I usually have issues with dry skin during the winter regardless of the soap I use.  Once we switched to the natural soap I have not had the dry skin issues anymore.  She makes many types and they are all very good!

If you want any more information on the soap just contact me.  You can also message me on the Conser Run Farm facebook page and I will get you in touch with Michelle.  We would also love feedback from our customers on the soap as well.

Hand made soap made from Conser Run Farm animal fat by Michelle Steele
My Daughter was super excited to get Baby Girl out for everyone to see and pet.  For those of you who follow the blog you should know baby girl very well.  We almost lost her last summer shortly after she was born and she fought her way back from barely breathing to a healthy young calf.  Since we have been her mother the entire time she is super tame and very easy going.  My daughter taught her to lead with the help of our neighbor Aaron.  Baby Girl got to run all over the yard and meet everyone at the party.  The kids were really excited to get to pet her as well.

Lisa showing off Baby Girl to the kids.
The biggest attraction this year though, hands down, were the three day old baby piglets!  They are always very cute when they are young and there was always someone down at the barn checking them out.  I was out in the pasture yesterday feeding and saw them all running out in the lot.  They are double the size they were last weekend already!

Berkshire x Tamworth piglets
After everyone was fully stuffed it was time for the hayride.  Two very lucky young boys got to sit in the buddy seat with their dad in the tractor.  BOTH were super excited and, from feedback after the party, still have not quit talking about it!  The first hay ride was packed and "standing room only" as you can see in the background.

Karl and his son in the "Buddy Seat"
 To give you an idea of how much bigger the cab is on the new tractor you can see Karl's son gazing out of the large windshield at the road ahead.


When we got back it was time for the CAKE!


You can barely see it in the above photo but I did get a tent this year in case of rain.  We rented them from True Value in Minerva and they brought the tables and chairs and tents and set everything up.  They then came and picked it all up the next day.  That alone saved me a huge amount of time and hassle.

It was great having everyone this year and I am already looking forward to next years event.  I hope those of you who couldn't make it this year can make it next year.  We would love to have you!

Have a great day everyone!

Kenny










No comments: