Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Friday, May 9, 2014

Calf #8 for 2014 and a continuation of 50's Bloodline

I came home to find we had another calf today.  The mother is Precious, daughter of Fifty.  She had a big black bull today.  The father, since he is coal black, has to be Legacy.  He is actually quite big and looks pretty healthy.  Mom and son are doing great.  

Dam; Black Angus, Sire; Legacy (Summitcrest Black Angus)

I am thinking about sending him and my other black Angus calf out to Montana this fall.  My buddy can raise them up out there over winter and we can sell them in the spring as demand is very high out there right now for cows and bulls!  Would be awesome to know that Legacy would be contributing to the bloodlines out west!  The grandfather of this calf is Bexter, another great black Angus bull.  I used A.I. to breed 50 and got Precious.  So the blood lines in this one are very very good lines.

I have been extremely happy with all the calves born this year.  I nice mix of sizes, breeds, sexes, and colors.  There are all getting better every year.  Can't wait to be able to sell feeders and herd stock as well as fat steers, the added diversified forms of income are what will make us much more flexible and able to switch gears at any time to adapt to the market.

I will post some more cow pics over the weekend.  I am sure that I will be out to see them and have time to take some better pictures of everyone.  I am also gearing up to pull all the steers that from last year out of the herd as well as Legacy and those whom I want him to breed and take them to my buddy Willy's house for the summer.  He has some pasture ground that will help me out greatly and I will be adding two of his females to my herd on shares to compensate for the use of his ground.  Should work out very nicely for both of us.  The plan is to set up the pasture ground down the road that is only a mile away for Legacy and his women and just use Willy's pasture, which is 15 miles away, for over summering the steers.

I am getting very close to needing to secure much more ground.  Lot of planning to do before the end of this summer if I am going to make it through the winter on top!


Have a great weekend everyone,

Kenny



No comments: