Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My pot of gold at the end of my rainbow!

Well, I got of work today just in time for two nasty storms to blow through.  We got about two inches of rain in approximately 20 minutes.  It came down hard and fast.  Daisy and I headed out to check the pigs and cows and found everyone to be doing just fine.  So we parked the tractor and got the four wheeler out after the rain stopped and went for a ride to check the fences.

Down pour from the cab of the Kubota
 The stream that usually dries up in the summer between the pastures across the creek was flooded and more than the 12" culvert could handle!
12" culvert pipe overloaded after 2" rain
 I took a side shot and another to show the volume of water that was going through there.


Here is a shot looking down the stream.  It dumps into Conser Run shortly after this shot.  I barely made it back across Conser Run with the four wheeler as the water was coming up quickly.  Good thing my four wheeler is big and heavy!  Daisy was riding shot gun on the back helping weigh it down!

This is the backside of the storm that hit our place.  This was the second one that went through.  The first was just slightly north.  Both had funnel clouds in them.  The one north of here I watched go by and it didn't touch down.  The one that went through here I do not believe had a tornado touch down but was pretty nasty non the less!


 As daisy and I were about to leave the pasture and head back to the house we looked up and saw a double rainbow.  I wasn't able to get all of it in the pasture but you can still see part of the second one in the top left corner of the photo.  The rainbow literally ended right on top of the cows.  I know it is superstition but I do believe that there is a little truth in every superstition!  To me this is my pot at the end of the rainbow and I look forward to the future and what it brings me and my family!

My pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
Daisy and I decided to start a fire to celebrate the rain and the rain and after lighting it I looked up across the lawn and saw this beautiful scene of all the flowers in bloom.  This is my favorite time of year.  I love seeing everything in bloom and the warm summer nights.  This is mother natures way of celebrating life.  Lots of color and brilliance.  I hope everyone gets to enjoy their own little piece of heaven this summer!


Have a great night everyone.  Daisy and I are headed out to sit by the cherry wood fire in the fire pit and wait for the kids and wife to get home from swimming lessons.

Kenny

No comments: