Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fifty had her calf yesterday!!


It is such a frickin cutie!!!  Didn't expect this color pattern but I have been surprised all year long.  I saw her across the bottom as soon as we came outside yesterday morning.  I grabbed the kids and jumped on the 4-wheeler and went to see what we had.  She was maybe 10-20 minutes old when we got there.  As soon as we got there she got up and started running along side momma to move to the shade.  


After she laid down again everyone else wanted to see the new little one.  I was lucky enough to get all of Fifty's family, minus her granddaughter Pearl, in one picture!!!  To the right is Fifty, her new heifer calf laying down, her daughter Precious who had her first calf who is named Pearl is in the back left, and her son, 51, born last fall, is front left.


Today I wanted to show the new calf to my wife so the kids and I took her on the 4-wheeler out to the pasture to see it.  We looked for an hour and couldn't find so we waited for her mommy to go find her and stopped to play in the creek. 


My wife and kids got down in the water to look at the fish and after they got in the fish started nibbling at their feet.  They are really small fish so it was fun for everyone!


Shortly after, Fifty headed toward the one area I didn't look, so we went over and sure enough it was hiding under a tree.  Shortly after this pic she jumped up and trotted about 20 feet away and started bawling for momma.  Momma immediately came running.


Follow close behind by the herd manager, Mario!!!


After both checked out the little girl they calmed down and Fifty started feeding the baby.


While eating, Daddy came over to see how she was doing.  It is surprising  how many different colors we are getting from crossing him with all the different breeds.  I can't wait to see what I get from my red angus!!!



Have a great night everyone!!

No comments: