Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Some pics with the cows

Kids and I went out to check the cows.  Took some pics while we were out there. 
Kids got to pet 50.  She was feeling friendly today and let us pet her. 
I also took a few pics of the bull and his progeny.  They are great looking calves and are growing really fast.  I hope to use him for quite a while till Legacy gets big enough!
I also got a pic of him today as well.  He has a burnt orange color to him this summer and is doing well.  He is smaller than the other calves despite being but that is due to not being able to eat off his momma like the others. 
We also got a little rain today.  We are hoping for more overnight.  Even though we are in a drought we have enough hay for the cows.  We are gonna be short on hay to sell to cover fuel used to make the hay and to pay for pig feed.  This added to rising costs of all other inputs and fuel that is three times the cost it was when I started the farm in 2005 has forced us to raise the price of our meat.  Was hoping to make it another year or two before needing to but the drought has made that impossible. 
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!  I am listening to the locusts outside my bedroom window as I am laying in bed typing this on the phone!  I love summer!








No comments: