Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Time to make some hay!

Seems like just a day or two ago I was chomping at the bit to cut the first cutting of the year.  Now I am making forth, and probably last, cutting already!  Where does the time go?

I also promised pics of the mower once I got it hooked up.  I have a Kubota 9540 2010 model.  It is 95hp with 24 Forward, 24 reverse speeds.  Cab is a first for me and will not be the last!  It is so quiet there is no need for earplugs and you can jam to some good tunes while doing field work.  BTW, did I mention AC and HEAT!?

 Hooked up and ready to go.  It is a Taarup 3pt. hitch disk mower.  Cuts a 9' swath and lays it full width to dry faster.  I can mow up to 15mph with this mower.  The old Haybine was good for about 4mph!

 
Pic during hookup to show cutting disks with it in raised position.


Pic in lowered/cutting position showing disks.  Tarp folds over to protect from objects that may be thrown from knives.


No comments: