Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Oh how I long for spring!!!


I want to start off by apologizing for my long absence.  I had a marathon stretch at work of almost three weeks without a day off coupled with trying to get pigs to the butcher and meat delivered.  The good news is I had yesterday off and I have today off....but back at it tonight with freezing rain in the forecast.


The first snow fall of the year is almost always beautiful.....however, after a week or two it loses its glamour and I just want it gone!  We haven't seen our back sidewalk since new years!   Before you say it, yes I am a ice and snow control professional, that is why my walk is not touched.  After doing it at work for 18-22 hours straight the last thing I want to do when I get home is shovel!



We have shipped almost all the of this batch of pigs to the butcher.  Only two more left and they go in with our first steer for 2015 on the 24th.  

We also had enough time in between two of the snow storms to take the kids Ice Skating.  They enjoyed this much more than I did.  I watched from the bleachers while they enjoyed falling and slipping on the ice, the entire time thinking how much of a headache it would be to have to deal with this ice on a parking lot!


I also took the opportunity of having help one afternoon several weeks ago to get the weights mounted up on the Farmall.  I have 4 - 150# weights on each side.  This should help out a lot with traction in the field when pulling wagons and raking hay on the hills!  All I have left to deal with is the injector pump.  I am hoping to either fix it or replace it before spring hits.  


I also sold my old hay rake a few weeks ago and I am selling my Taarup 2824 Disk Mower at the neighbors auction on Wednesday.  

Below is a picture of the "Changing of the Guard" picture when I upgraded my tractor from the M6800 open station to the M9540 with a cab.  I am re-posting this as a precursor to what is coming either late next or early the following week.  There will be another "Changing of the Guard"!

My only hint for today  "Buddy Seat"!


With all the changes occurring in the last 6-12 months I am preparing for what I hope is a successful step in my farming business venture.  While I, and some of those around me, are closing another chapter in our lives, I am looking forward to working with them to open a new one that is hopefully filled with lots of opportunity and growth.  I am excited for the future and can't wait to see where it is taking us!  

Everyone be safe and if you enjoy winter and snow then do so quickly!  For those of you like me who spend November - March longing for warm weather and short sleeve shirts please have faith that it is drawing nearer with every day of winter gone past!   I keep telling myself that in 30 days I will be getting the no till drill and seeding hay fields for 2015.  At that time we may have a few snows here and there but no matter what happens at that time it will be short lived!

Lastly, thanks to a friend from my high school days and her husband, I have my four wheeler back and completely fixed!  Now, since it is warm outside, I have a day off, and there is still snow, I am headed out to take the kids sled riding for the first time this winter.  

Have a great day everyone!

Kenny

No comments: