Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Monday, December 8, 2014

What??? You've never seen a cow sit down before??

Was out feeding stuff tonight and was checking on the cows.  Most everyone was laying down and as I was milling around checking on everyone they started to slowly get up and leave the shed.  One of my newest cows, Beef Cake, started to get up but wasn't really motivated to do so.  She must have sat like this for two or three minutes before getting all the way up and walking away.  She just kept looking at me with this expression on her face!


The two bulls were halfheartedly having a power show.  They were not fighting or even wrestling, they were basically scratching each others foreheads!  Legacy is getting much bigger and stronger this year.  I am hoping he stays small framed for my heifers for a while.  I don't want to have to sell either one of them any time soon as I love the genetics they have and the offspring they produce.


Moving into this winter I have some thinking and planning to do.  Need to refocus and really set solid growth goals and checkpoints for where I want to grow to so we can be sure to stay on track.  There were a lot of changes this year and I honestly feel next year is the beginning of a strong growth spurt for the farm business and the next step in where we need to go!

Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Kenny

No comments: