Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Belted Galloway's!!!!

I stumbled across some Belted Galloway's for sale a couple of month ago.  Before I could snag up the heifer that was for sale they were already sold to someone else.  At first my wife didn't want me to get one....till she saw the picture.  Then she decided she wanted one.  So, I spent the last two months searching and finally found a couple of heifers.  They are only 50% Belted Galloway but still have the belt and are nice looking heifers.  


I am planning on breeding them Artificial Insemination next summer to a good Belted Galloway bull and hope for a couple of nice heifers.  So far they are fitting in just fine with everyone.  Everyone is interested in them but they are getting used to there being new arrivals from time to time so they don't get crazy like they used to!


I also had some time today to take care of some of the punch list items for the corral project that were still not completed yet.  I finally installed my quick latches on the pig gate and the main entrance gate that I have had since my wife picked them up for me 5 months ago.  


Above is the main gate and below is the pig gate.   I also got my gate for the exit of the corral to the pasture mounted today.  It has a quick latch as well.  Only thing left for it is to install the post to hold it open and out of the way.  That post will also serve as a corner post for the fence around the buffer strip as well.   I am going to try to get that in later this week if the weather continues to cooperate.  
  

Another thing that I needed to get done before herd check and I did was mount the eye bolts to pin the corral gates to when splitting the shed area in half for the herd check.  I will have to take a picture when I get it all set up for the herd check so you can see how it works out.  Last year I had the square feeder in the middle and used it to hook the gates to.  This year I do not have that feeder in there because I need the space, so I came up with another solution that actually works much better.  


Hoping tomorrow is a dryer day than today.  It was beautiful and sunny and warm for two days in a row and things were finally starting to dry out and then last night it rained all night so today was wet and cloudy.  Come back sun!!!

Talk to you again soon!

Kenny


No comments: