Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Quick pics of the progress I made today.

As I said in my last post I had the day off due to the rain.  However, the site for the heavy use pad is all sand and gravel and drains extremely fast.  So withing an hour I was able to start working.

This is the corner where the manure will be stacked and stored to compost it and have it available to apply in the fall when it is needed the most and will have the lowest risk of runoff.   I am leaving gaps in the boards for the water to drain out of the pile while holding the manure and other stuff in.  
Rails on corral around manure storage area
Here is the south side railing/fencing.  There is still one more 2"x4" to go on top yet.  For now I am just concentrating on getting done what I need to to get the concrete installed.   


Here is the offset for the pig alley.  I had to put this in while I still had the longer boards from back when I built the pig shed. 


Here is another angle.  I will get better pics from higher up once I get it done so you can actually see what it looks like.


Cattle waterer  is getting installed this weekend!!!  Lets hope it doesn't rain much!

Kenny


No comments: