Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

New baby calf and gearing up to get the barn done!

I went out as soon as I got home from work to check the cows and feed the pigs and quickly realized that Princess was not with everyone else.  So I headed out to find her.  I was happy to see she had a very alert and healthy baby calf that jumped up and ran as soon as I took this picture. 

Dam: Angus x Hereford x Charolais  Sire: Angus

After about ten minutes of following them around I was finally able to get close enough to see that it was indeed a heifer.  I was pumped.  This is another of Fifty's granddaughters.  So far, every daughter of Fifty has had a heifer for their first calf.  Also, to date, her granddaughters have also had heifers for their first calf.  Also, to be noted, Princess is the heifer that I let my daughter pic out.  So today she just doubled her herd size!!!!  Unfortunately, she and her brother were so tired from swimming lessons that they fell asleep on the way home and will not get to see her till tomorrow night.  But, I am sure they will both be super excited!!!

Dam: Angus x Hereford x Charolais  Sire: Angus
 I scheduled a week of vacation leading up to the customer party to finish some projects up that need completed, start some new ones, and possibly make some second cutting.  In preparation, after getting rained out yesterday at work, I headed to pick up the lumber to finish the barn.  


It is all rough sawed green lumber to match what I have already used on the barn.  Steven and I will be starting first thing Saturday morning to get it done as quickly as possible.  When we are done I will not only have the cow shed completed but I will also have the old barn resided and finish all the odds and ends stuff that is has not been completed on the pig shed that I started four years ago!

I was fortunate enough that my last fat steer for the year covered the price of the lumber and the fuel to get it.  I still have a little left over to cover the beer to pay the help and hopefully a bucket or two of screws!


I wanted to through in a picture of another project at work.  I spent the day today installing some sandstone steps that will lead down from a patio that I will be installing after vacation.  Very difficult project due to site limitations as well as space.  Unbelievably tight space to work in and a six foot wide path down the hill to access it.  But, nonetheless the steps turned out pretty sweet.  Will be much happier after we are wrapping it up and it is behind me.  A cool project, just unrealistically challenging!

Custom made sandstone steps
 I am also hoping to pick up a much wanted, and mostly needed upgrade to one of my three main pieces of equipment tomorrow.  I will post pics if I do.  Hints are it matches my tractor and it is wider than the model I have now!

Have a great day everyone!

Kenny





No comments: