Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Some updates from the month of June!

Earlier in the month I walked down to check on everyone and noticed all the babies laying by the shed.  I had to sneak up on them and snap the pic quick but I got one just before they all took off!


In a past post I mentioned mixing beer and hillbillies in a garage when oil changes are involved.  Well I have a new one to add to the list of "should've known better" items.

My buddy is getting married at the end of July.  We decided to through him a bachelor party complete with a day of all our friends here on the farm shooting our different guns and having some fun.  As a way to say goodbye to his past and do it in a fun way he offered up his old car as a target for some stress relief.  I offered my garage as a location to drain all the fluids before we took it to the field next door to shoot at it the next day.

In preparation I had also mowed all my second cutting here at the farm so it would not get ruined during the festivities.  My other buddy Willy showed up to help unload the wagons as I did this cutting into little squares.  I pay him with all the food and beer he can drink. 

While we unloaded the last load of hay my buddy Keven started draining all the fluids from the car.  As soon as Willy and I finished unloading I headed into the house to get everyone another round of beer and Willy headed to the garage.  As I entered the garage I came into the end of a conversation where my buddy Willy talked Keven into crashing the car into a tree for fun since he was gonna blow it up anyway.  Well the three of them got really excited really quick and I had enough time to run for the tractor to follow them and pick them up and bring them back to the house.

Although they didn't quite make it to the tree they did have some fun and we may or may not have driven the tractor over the car for fun as well.

We then came back and parked the tractor and walked up to the garage to find my wife staring in the open door at her bay of the garage.


This is what she was looking at....a mess!  They all got so excited that none of them remembered to remove all the containers containing all the fluids from the car.....from beneath it before hauling ass backwards out of the garage for the field!  To make it worse I was out of floor dry so by the time he came back the next day with more the oil covered most of my wife side of the garage!  Luckily it was Keven who did it and not me so she found it funny instead of getting mad!!!

PS.  he also cleaned it most of the way up and Willy and I finished the next day.


I wanted to through this pic in.  For some reason the baler kicked out ten little bales of this size.  Willy suggested selling them for guinea pig hay.  They are about 20 lbs and kinda cute!

Live edge cherry bench.
  My wife finished the second sanding and sealing of the new bench.  I think it looks awesome!


Berkshire sow in her new mud hole!

We are soon to have little piglets so it was time to kick Red Balls out of the pig lots and shut the sows in till the babies are born.  To do this I needed to make them a mud hole.  Five minutes with the tractor and 350 gallons of water and they were moved right back in!!

These are just a few of the things that happened here over the month.  Been quite hectic and I am looking forward to the weeks vacation I am taking starting the 4th!!!

Have a great day everyone and I will get some updated calf pics soon!

Kenny

No comments: