Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

50's legacy continues!

As I headed out to feed the pigs last night I looked out to the pasture and counted calves and noticed three white spots instead of the two that I have had for a month now.  I grabbed the kids and zipped out on the 4-wheeler to check it out.  We found that fifty had just had her calf. 

Fifty standing guard over her new calf!
 At first she wanted nothing to do with me being near her calf!

Considering letting me close!
 However, after a couple of minutes she stepped away to check to make sure there were no other threats in the area and I had a second to touch it but not check it for its sex.  However, because I touched it it decided to try to get up.  

The first steps!
 Once it stood up I was able to tell it was a little girl!!!!!!!  We purchased fifty and brought her home back in 2006.  She had a little heifer with her at that time but we couldn't get her bred and sold her.  She was three at the time and had one heifer previous to that that died after it was born.  Since we have had her she has had one bull and three heifers.  Her heifer Precious, the first one to be bred so far and have a calf of her own, had a heifer last year as well.  Her name was Pearl and we sent her to my buddies ranch in Montana.  Her sister will be bred this summer and her name is Princess.

Finally walking!
I now introduce you to Peanut!  I gave Fifty's heifer last year to my daughter for her first calf.  I am giving this years heifer to my son for his first Calf.  He named her Peanut.  We decided last year to name all of Fifties daughters and grand daughters with names starting with the letter P. 

Peanut, Fifty's newest heifer calf. 
Shortly after we departed from Peanut to check the other cows we looked over and saw Peanut running around and hopping up and down!  It didn't take her long to get her legs working!

I am very excited.  We are having another great group of calves this year and last years calves look awesome.  I can't wait to see how they produce when we butcher them next Year!

Have a great day everyone and I hope to post pics of Precious' calf soon.  She can pop any minute now and I am getting antsy!  

Kenny

No comments: