Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Waiting for spring!

Just a quick post.  Been raining off and on for two going on two days now.  Couldn't buy a rain drop last summer now it is all muddy and wet again.  It is a good thing though, water table is replenished, at least here, and we are set to have a good producing spring!  I have the rest of my feeder pigs and steers for this year scheduled into the butcher and a bunch of them are already sold or reserved.  So Now I need to start working on selling the balance and getting some cash flowing in to pay for the cow shed rebuilding that I will be doing this summer!

Also, I am already sold out of fair piglets for this year.  They went a lot faster than I thought they would, and that is a good thing!

Well, if weather cooperates and is not too bad this week I will have some time to get some pictures to start out March.  If not I will be managing snow and will not be around to post.  Lets hope for nice weather.  I am ready for it to move right into warm days so we can start cooking outside and enjoying the yard again.   Also, I am getting that Morel Mushroom itch already and I cannot wait till I see the first one.  I have some new areas to search and I am anxious to see if they are productive or not.  After last years miserably small crop we are due for a big one this year!!!!!  

Kenny


No comments: