Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mallory's piglets left today

Just a quick note or two.

First off, Mallory's babies headed for a new home tonight.  She was not happy and neither were they.  She and her pen mate, Marshmallow, beat me up a little but I managed to separate them with little damage to me or the barn. 

Also, still waiting on Sally Shorthorn to have her calf. 

Very, very hot today.  Some people are saying it was close to 100 degrees.  I didn't think it was that hot but it could have been.  We need some rain badly.  Getting close to the drought of 1986.  Last year we couldn't get three days in a row without rain and this year we can't get a day of rain!

Oh well, that is how it goes!  Plan for the worst and hope for the best.  This year I planned for the worst and I am setting pretty good for feed for the winter with first cutting.  So, now I am just hoping for enough rain to make the hay I need to sell to cover feed costs for the piggies!.

Have a good one everyone!  Vacation next week.  Will be posting pics from the beach!  Much much needed time away!  Can't wait!

Kenny

No comments: