Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I am going to post a couple of quick pics but will have some more tonight. We are having thanksgiving dinner at 5pm this year so my sister can bring her boyfriend with her. So, since we are starting later I went out and got all the chores done that I needed to do today so we wouldn't have to worry about it tonight after we are stuffed.

My wife brought the piggies a little treat and I took a pic of her before Alex and I headed out. She was sporting her barn boots which I have only seen her wear a couple of times since she got them! She ends up spending most of her time in the house dealing with stuff there and I handle everything outside. That being said it is still nice to have her help once in a while!
my son and I haven't had time to go for a good tractor ride in a while so we went up on the neighbors hill and got a couple of corn stubble bales to bed the barn with. He fell sound asleep on the way back. So when we got back I set them to the side for tomorrow and put a bale into the cows.

I have had days like this where I just say the heck with it and stop and take a nap!! I usually leave my shoes on though!
While he took a nap I went and fed the pigs and finished with the cows and then headed for the house with Alex and we had a snack.

I will take some pics of the feast tonight to post here so everyone can see what our version of a thanksgiving feast is like!

To me it is a celebration of the end of the harvest season and a chance to spend time with family and give thanks for what we have!

Kenny

No comments: