Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Well, its monday.

 Well, first Monday of the new year.  They never get any better do they.  Only good thing about this one is I took vacation till tomorrow so I could start the new work year on a Tuesday!!  This gives me today to finish the garage project.  

This all started with a repair needed on my truck.  I have a space heater I bought when we moved in here.  It was a $60 special at an auction.  It has worked pretty well till now.  Now it quit working.  Well, we have free gas and it is already piped to garage so we decided to get a small gas heater to put in the garage.  However, the garage was completely unfinished.  So, for the small heater we were getting to be efficient we had to put a ceiling in with some insulation on top and on the walls.  They, after getting the ceiling in and seeing the mess that I was gonna be left with I decided to just get the last of the OSB (Oriented Strand Board) and just finish the walls so I can set up the garage into a shop that we can work in year round as well as a garage.


Above is how the garage was gonna stay for a while.  I didn't like the look of it plus the kids and animals can access the insulation and make a mess of things.  Furthermore, any shelves or benches I installed would have to be pulled back down to put walls up some day in the future. 
Below is what it looks like after putting walls on.  These shelves were free standing and I built them into the corner so they are stronger.  I am gonna paint later on.  Trying to decide between a buckeyes theme and straight white.

 Below is a pic of the one of the two new steers I got last week.  He is the one in the back.  The front one is Chio.  The new ones are both shorthorns.

Here is the new Tamworth Boar.  He is the red one on the left.  He is a full blooded registered Tamworth.  We will be using him to breed our pigs from here on out till he gets too old to do so.   We are trying to come up with a name for him.  If you have any suggestions Please comment!!! 

They spent the first day fighting over who was gonna be boss again.  I am guessing that last nights cold put an end to that.  I am headed out shortly to check on them.

Lastly, for anyone following that is getting meat, I am still waiting on a set butcher date.  It was supposed to be last week or this week but the state changed deer season.  The deer have to be processed separately so they cannot do any steers till next week.  I will keep you all posted.

Kenny

No comments: