Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Pig and Pig Pig come home today!

This has been my view for the last seven days!
 Finally got to get some sleep yesterday, first time since Saturday night.  I fell asleep by 1pm and didn't wake up till I got called back in to work at 2am this morning.  Didn't even realize my family came home.

I found this toolbox listed on craigslist last week.  We drove up to Cleveland last Sunday to pick it up.  Got it for about half what it is worth new.  Best thing is it is still new.  The guy I bought it off of only had it for a few weeks and decided to get something else!!  All I need is some socket and wrench organizers for the drawers and I am good to go.  The only problem is that I need a day off to go get them.  Probably won't happen very soon.  I am lucky to be home now.

Anyway, we are going to go pick up the Pig and Pig Pig today while I am home.  Then we are going to let them all out again and hope the little ones stay in this time.  We are going to build a couple of large pens off of the barn once ground thaws to keep babies in when they are really little.  We will set a bunch of wooden posts and attach pig panels to them.  This way they can still go out on pasture but be contained till they are big enough for the electric fence to contain them.  Having Pig and Pig Pig home will help as well as the little ones will want to stay with the rest of the group. 

I will try to grab a couple of pics while we are out there today.  Hopefully it doesn't take long so I can get some rest before work!!

Kenny

No comments: