Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Finally got a picture of the new calf and new steps for the Farmall.

Here is the only good picture I have gotten of the new little heifer that was born on the 5th.  Her ears seem to be ok so far.  I am hoping it was just the tips that got nipped.  She is up and running around.  She had some problems trying to straighten her feet out when she was born but that is no longer a problem.  I am guessing her to weigh about 105 pounds.  She is a big girl just like her momma!

Charolais x Main Anjou x Angus cross.
Here is a good picture of her momma.  She looks so thin now and I can completely understand why!  She is up and doing well and is pretty much back to normal again.  She was a little sluggish after birth due to the size of the calf and the fact that she just had a foot infection a couple weeks ago.  She is doing pretty well as a momma and I look forward to seeing how her calves do!  I purchased her in March and she got bred the day she walked off the trailer.  So nine months after I bought her she gave me a great looking heifer calf!  Not too bad!

Main Anjou x Angus x Simmental
I have been trying to get some rest yesterday and today after all the snow removal happenings last week and the crazy hours.  Felt horrible yesterday, today I feel much better but with another storm moving into the area I know that will not last.  I couldn't stand to be in the house like a sloth any more so I went out and got the Farmall started and Steven helped me pull it into the garage.  It cleared the door frame by less than an inch!  I have still not gotten my garage completely organized and have some more cleaning to do but the tractor fits with plenty of room to move around it.  

Farmall 706 in the garage for upgrades
 My new steps came in at the beginning of the week when all the cold nasty weather arrived and they have been sitting in my basement since then.  My original plan was to put the tractor in the garage and let it sit and work on it later this week.  However, I couldn't wait so I went ahead and started tinkering around.  The steps actually went on pretty smoothly and turned out pretty nice. 

Old Farmall 706 single step in front of new Double step
The single step was set way back in between the wheel and the deck and was awkward and difficult to use.  So I ordered some new double steps.  There is a bigger set you can get that has three steps and a handle too but I didn't think that was necessary nor would they look right on this tractor.  

Farmall 706 with new double steps installed.
The right hand side of this tractor didn't even have any steps which made it a pain if you wanted to exit or enter that side for any given reason.  For example, when on the side of a hill with the right hand side on the uphill side.  

Farmall 706 before new double step on the right hand side.
 The great thing is that the holes needed to mount the steps were already there I just needed to bolt them on.  They are pretty dang nice and it is so much easier to get on and off the tractor now as well as safer!


There are a few other items I am going to address while I have it in the garage.  First of all I moved the left rear wheel out on the axle to match the other side.  I have wheel weights to install on both back wheels as well.  The other item is fixing a small leak on the back side of the fuel injector pump.  It started as nothing more than some seeping fuel that kept the area moist.  Now it has turned into a slow drip.  I am going to see if it is a simple O-ring fix or something deeper.  A little research should help.  Hopefully it is something I can just do here at home without removing the pump.  

 More pics of progress as it happens.  Off to work soon for the night.  Hopefully the rest of the week is clear so we can all get caught up again!  Still wondering why I don't just move south!

Kenny






2 comments:

Captain Awesome said...

If you still own that 706 and ever decide you are going to part with it, please let me know. I grew up on one very similar and have been keeping an eye out for something decent for a long time.
Thanks!

Kenny said...

I just found this message. I may sell it. Where are you located?