Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Barn project update and a new patio I am working on.

Well, in my last post I had some pictures of the new feeding area/corral that I had installed.  Over the last couple of weeks I have been working from dawn to dusk between my day job and here to keep things moving in both places.  I managed to take the old cow shed completely down in a couple of hours with no trouble at all.  I then built out the pig shed wall that is the new wall for the outside of the pig pens.  This wall also doubles as the one side of the new built in cattle chute that is going in the new cow shed.  I also extended the cow shed another ten feet past the end of the pig shed to allow for more space.

The poles set for the new cow shed
 This is a pic from the pig lot end of the new cow shed.  I spent last weekend working on this portion of the project.  If you look closely you will notice there is a wooden height restriction entrance between the gate and the new barn wall.  This is adjustable and will be great in keeping the cows and the donkey out of the pig barn or keeping pigs separated based on size.  

Height restricted opening for pig lot.
  Here is a shot looking into the new shed from the creek side of the pad.  There is going to be a built in cattle chute at the back of the shed.  I also spaced all the posts so I can make up to three box stall pens so that I can keep someone in the barn if I need to.  I can also use this setup with an added size restriction opening to feed the feeder pigs once the sows start having babies in the winter.  I cannot wait to get this all finished!  This winter will be so much easier and better for the animals and for the farm.

Pic of the new cow shed posts installed and ready for concrete.
This is a patio I am working on at work.  A great customer of mine wanted something different and I found that on my trip to the quarry in Pennsylvania last month.  This stone is quite thick and we have been hand chiseling every piece to tweak them to get them to fit.  It has taken almost two weeks to get it done and we are almost there.  We have some other areas to use some more on this project.   More pics to come!

West mountain lay down stone patio

I will talk to you all soon with more pics!

Kenny

No comments: