Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Had a breach of security this morning!!

We had some really awesome much needed rain last night as the remnants of Hurricane Isaac started moving through.  Since we have been so busy lately, and I had nothing scheduled this morning, I decided to sleep in for the first time in many many weeks.  At about 8am I am awoken by my phone ringing.  It was the neighbor calling me to tell me that I had cows out.

So I through on some clothes and look out the door to see Mario leading Fifty and Legacy down the driveway back to the pasture.  When I get down there to see how they got out I see Legacy and Mario walk over to the gate and step over the wire and into the pasture.  Fifty just stands there and waits to be let in.  She is such a proper lady!!  Anyway, I put the bale feeder back yesterday and was preparing the pad area for upcoming barn construction.  When done I took kids out and checked all the fences.  When we finished I put the wire gate back up at the barn.  However, I didn't notice that it was crisscrossed and that the one end had slid down the post and it was really low now due to me raising the grade of the area with gravel. 

After putting the gates back up I made a quick circle around the fence on this side of the creek to make sure there was nothing wrong.  Short of a loose wire and a piece of metal laying on the fence it was good to go.  The creek is slightly flooded so I didn't go across to check the rest. 

I will try to take some pictures of everything tomorrow.  We are delivering some more meat today and visiting a customer's party at the same time!

Should be a fun day!

Kenny

2 comments:

Mitchell ramsey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mitchell ramsey said...

Sure don't miss the days of chasing cows lol, and I can't wait to have some of those pigs and cows when I get back in the states!