Our farm name is Conser Run Farm named after the stream that runs through the middle of the farm. We currently raise grass fed Angus cross beef and pasture raised pork for direct sale to the end user. We are always looking for more customers and new friends. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to ask! Either leave a comment or email us through our social network account.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our first calf of 2012!!!

 Well, Erica was due to have her calf on the 10th, which was this coming Friday.  However, I was extremely excited yesterday when I got a picture message from my business partner of a fluffy little bull calf that was just born!

 I didn't get home yesterday till after dark so I couldn't take any pics, but tonight however I got home at dusk and had just enough time to take a few pics before it got dark.
 Momma is very very protective of him.  She won't let anyone but me withing twenty feet of him. 
 Every time that I got within ten feet of her she would walk away and call him to follow.
 However, he was hungry and wanted to eat and I was persistent and wouldn't leave.
 But she still kept a keen eye on me.  So I patiently waited for her to relax a little and realize I wasn't there to harm them and just wanted to check on them.
 Still however she didn't want me close.  I was about eight feet away this time and she started to walk away.
 Only this time he didn't follow!  She stopped and called him repeatedly, but, like any other child, he ignored her!  He wanted to see who was following them.
 So we stood there and looked at each other from a short distance for about a minute, much to the extreme dismay of his mother!
 Then, to my surprise, he started walking toward me.  I wasn't sure what momma was gonna do so I didn't move at first.  Just waited for him to decide what was up.  He came straight over and sniffed my legs and then rubbed up against my leg and wanted petted.  So I started scratching him behind the ears and he just stood there enjoying it.
 Momma wasn't worried yet so I knelt down and got a quick pic of him looking at me.
 The flash of the camera then got momma's attention and she decided that was enough and it was time for me to go!  I stood up and she came walking over saying something to him and looking at me as if to say I had better be moving on or I was gonna get moved on.  So I patted him on the head and stepped back a few paces and waited.

As soon as she got to him he turned and started to follow her again to go eat.  I headed toward the barn and said goodnight and she went back to feeding him.  He is so fluffy and cute it is unbelievable!



Next I have some pics of the livestock trailer I just got.  I managed to get an unheard of price on it due to a few issues.  The lights worked partially and the brakes were not working. 







However, the frame is almost like new.  The floor is solid and clean.  The sides and gate are solid with little to no rust, and the roof is still in great shape.  
I spent a couple of hours working on wiring and quickly had all the lights fixed and working perfectly.  This use to be used as a horse trailer and the owner who had it before the guy I bought it off of had built a small living quarters in the front.  The person I purchased it from took all that out but couldn't get lights or brakes working so he went and got another newer trailer.  This is a 16' gooseneck which is perfect for what we do.  I have already hauled twice with it and I am very happy.  I also got the drivers side brakes working.  I simply need to replace the electromagnets in the passenger side wheels and I will have brakes as well.

 

Lastly, before I head off to bed, I want to attach a pic of a project I saw a guy working on near Shreve ohio.  The owner is apparently cutting down old pine trees which is not out of the ordinary.  However, carving all the stumps into Morel mushrooms is!
Sum are almost 6' tall.
 Well, I am exhausted and I have to be back up for work early.  It also may snow tonight which would mean almost not sleep so I am gonna get to bed.
Have a great day everyone!

Kenny




No comments: